When you join the ITWPA, you gain --
- The ITWPA Insider, an advice-packed e-letter, delivered twice a month. Each issue provides how-to tips for writing better, taking better photos, traveling smarter, and earning more… plus you get listings of press trips and other offers of hospitality for qualified writers and photographers.
- Top priority, as an ITWPA member, when you submit your articles to the Travel Post Monthly, the ITWPA's online magazine. This is a great place to land a by-line and get your articles in front of editors looking for content for their own publications. The Travel Post Monthly essentially functions as a travel content wire service. Editors interested in publishing articles or photos they find there contact contributors directly. This provides members excellent exposure.
- Your own Professional Online Photo Gallery, a website where you can display your photo portfolio for potential photo buyers. It takes less than 10 minutes to set up, and it gives your presentation an extremely polished look. (To see a sample of one member's, click here: www.mygalleryplace.com/suewright )
- Discounts of more than $300 on writing- and travel-related resources, including workshops, travel supplies, recommended books, magazine subscriptions, and more.
- Access to the password-protected portion of the ITWPA website where you'll find a vast collection of valuable resources, including the 2006 Writer's Tax Guide (a $24.50 value), yours at no charge with membership.
- The ITWPA's Members-Only Online Forum, an excellent place to go to get answers to your questions and to share your ideas, opinions, and experiences with your fellow members.
- A personalized ITWPA Member ID Card.
Member Qualifications: Though ITWPA members are just as likely to be full-time writers and photographers as they are part-time, we ask that members nevertheless publish at least two travel articles or sell two photographs a year to maintain their member status. Of course, it's our mission to help you do that!